Helpful links to starting up social media sites for your organization:
Facebook: Connect with friends, organizations, businesses. Share information, events, photos, videos. Create a dialogue about issues you care about.
Twitter: Send short messages (Tweets) to friends, colleagues, clients, organization, businesses and more. Share information and events.
URL shorteners: Helps keep links short
Add This: A toolbar that allows you to quickly add online content to your Twitter and Facebook pages and more.
- Alerts: Email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.
- Analytics: Enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness
- Blogger: A free blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video.
- Calendar: Google's free online calendar, it's easy to keep track of life's important events all in one place.
- GiveMN.org: Online giving site for all Minnesota nonprofits. There is a transaction fee to use.
- Fundraising123.org: Fabulous free information from Network for Good about online fundraising and using social networking for your organization.
Social Media for Nonprofits blogs:
Social Media Social Good - Reasons why your organization should have a social media presence
Beth's Blog - How Nonprofit Organizations Can Use Social Media to Power Social Networks for Change
Nonprofit Marketing Guide blog - Katya Andresen's blog on nonprofit marketing, fundraising, social media and doing good in the world better and faster.