Eligibility Requirements for Grants
To be eligible for consideration of funding, the proposed project is considered acceptable when it is consistent with the following criteria:
- It will not jeopardize the continued existence of any threatened or endangered species or result in the destruction or modification of the critical habitat of any such species.
- The project minimizes any negative impacts on the natural environment, while addressing existing cultural resources.
- It has a clear and direct water quality benefit.
- It produces public, not just private benefits.
- It is financially and technically feasible.
Financial Feasibility: A project is financially feasible if sufficient funds can be made available to complete the project. Each applicant shall submit a project budget identifying the nature and amount of each source of funds to be used for the project; a schedule indicating when such funds will be received; and a schedule indicating when the funds available will be expended for project purposes.
Technical Feasibility: A project that is structural in nature shall be considered technically feasible when it can and will be designed, constructed, and operated to accomplish the purpose(s) for which it was planned, utilizing accepted engineering and other technical concepts. A project that is nonstructural in nature shall be considered technically feasible when it can and will be designed and carried out to accomplish the purpose(s) for which it was planned.
Proposals that will have lower priorities or will not be supported are those that would:
- Provide direct assistance to regulatory programs.
- Relieve private liability for damage or provide assistance to projects in order to relieve such liability. For purposes of this section, "private liability" shall mean liability to a person or entity and shall include fines or penalties imposed by a governmental entity.
If you have questions, contact us at DouglasWaterQualityFund@gmail.com.
Douglas County Water Quality Legacy Fund Grant Application
Click Below on the Application Image to Download a Fillable PDF of the Grant Application Form
Send completed pre-proposal to:
DCLA, PO Box 1121, Alexandria, MN 56308
or email to DouglasWaterQualityFund@gmail.com.