How "Dream !t Do !t" Does It
In west central Minnesota, many partners--including West Central Initiative--have been working hard to create an environment that encourages and nurtures the development of strong manufacturing companies--and, by extension, a stellar manufacturing workforce.
For every new and growing company, we need bright people with the skills, aptitude and interest to do the work.
"Dream !t Do !t" is a national campaign to encourage individuals--particularly high school students--to explore careers in manufacturing. The campaign works to dispel misconceptions about what working for a manufacturer means, and offers resources to help determine if a career in manufacturing is the right move.
For the past five years, the Dream !t Do !t--West Central Minnesota campaign has included:
- Promoting its stellar website. It includes a career toolkit, quizzes, videos, a cool career calculator, and specific resources for parents, educators and manufacturers.
- Holding career exploration events, such as:
- Tour of Manufacturing events throughout west central Minnesota
- Manufacturing breakfasts
- High school career fairs
- Working with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) educators in area K-12 schools.
- Developing an Adopt-A-School program for manufacturers to participate in
- Creating two billboards to promote Dream It. Do It.
To learn more, visit the Dream It. Do It. website. And keep your ears and eyes open for an event or learning opportunity near you!