West Central Initiative focuses its programs on improving west central Minnesota’s social and economic viability for the long term. We use our funding resources to work with partners to help families, communities and businesses in our region thrive.
We provide or help secure funding in order to:
- Leverage business development and advance a skilled workforce.
- Assist communities and the greater region in developing the capacities necessary to address priority needs and sustain their economic and social viability.
- Foster an environment for creating, attracting and retaining a skilled workforce through efforts such as our Early Childhood Initiative.
Our grant resources help us work with key partnerships in order to help families and communities succeed in west central Minnesota. In particular, we focus on the areas of community development and economic development. Currently our open grant funding is limited to our Childcare Capacity, Community Planning, Census 2020 and Changemakers grant programs.
To inquire about these grant programs or other ways we can help your community, contact Wendy Merrick, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800 735-2239.
We also provide loan financing for business start-up and expansion in the region. For more information:
- Visit our loan program webpage.
- Contact Greg Wagner, Director of Business and Economic Development, at email@example.com or 800 735-2239.