West Central Initiative shares its resources to serve to improve west central Minnesota through:
Grants: We work through partnerships to provide the resources to help families and communities in west central Minnesota thrive. In particular, WCI focuses on the areas of:
Loans: We provide gap loans for business start-ups and expansions.
To assist with some of the information we collect on our applications, see DEI Definitions.
- Regional planning, including transportation planning and economic development planning.
- Convening groups such as the Labor Force Development Council, regional EDA planners, Pine to Prairie GIS users group and regional transportation and trails groups.
WCI has a wide range of services and funds to help regional communities, families and businesses support worthy causes and make communities a better place to live, such as:
- Component funds, which include community funds, designated nonprofit funds and donor advised funds.
- Our regional endowment fund, which helps us accomplish everything on this page!
- Our Heart-Land Giving farmland stewardship program.
WCI also provides fundraising technical assistance to nonprofits and communities.