Laura LaCroix-Dalluhn, Project Coordinator, Laura@LaCroixDalluhnConsulting.com
Nancy Jost, Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bharti Wahi, Co-Chair, BWahi@ChildrensDefenseFund.com
Minnesota’s future prosperity depends on the wellbeing of every family, every infant and every young child. Healthy child development is fundamental to the overall wellbeing of every Minnesotan. Understanding the developing human brain, which begins before birth and continues into adulthood, is key. Early experiences, within the context of families literally shape how the brain gets built and has long-term consequences on future health and wellbeing.
We believe targeted policy opportunities aimed at those who experience racial, economic and geographic disparities will ensure the first 1000 days of life include quality experiences for infants, toddlers and their families.
2019 Policy Goals
- Increase Medicaid reimbursement rates for Doulas and Community Health Workers to ensure supports are in place for the ‘Integrated Care for High Risk Pregnancies’ initiative to assist African American and Native American women and families through pregnancy and early parenting.
- Provide Paid Family Leave Insurance to every Minnesota Family.
- Increase Flexibility and Funding for Quality, Voluntary and Culturally Responsive Home Visiting Services to Support Families.
- Increase Access to and Funding for Infant and Toddler Care through Early Learning Scholarships, Child Care Assistance Program, and New Supports to Increase Knowledge among Family, Friend and Neighbor care.
- Support workforce development efforts in communities across the state to ensure high quality services are available to families, infants and toddlers.
- Support passage of the Community Solutions Fund to encourage thriving families and empower communities of color.
- African American Babies Coalition
- Child Care Aware of Minnesota
- Children’s Defense Fund Minnesota
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Development & Training, Incorporated
- Elders for Infants
- HealthPartners Little Moments Count
- Indigenous Visioning
- Initiative Foundation
- Integrated Care for High Risk Pregnancies
- LaCroix-Dalluhn Consulting, LLC
- Minneapolis Youth Coordinating Board
- Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health – Infant and Early Childhood (MACMHIEC)
- Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children (MnAEYC)
- Minnesota Coalition for Targeted Home Visiting (MCHTV)
- Minnesota Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (MOFSA)
- Northland Foundation
- Northwest Minnesota Foundation
- Plain Depth Consulting
- Start Early Funders
- Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Think Small
- Voices & Choices for Children Coalition
- West Central Initiative
Minnesota's PN-3 Coalition is co-chaired by Nancy Jost of West Central Initiative and Bharti Wahi of Children’s Defense Fund of Minnesota and coordinated by Laura LaCroix-Dalluhn of LaCroix-Dalluhn Consulting. Supporting organizations work together to build awareness about these important years and work collaboratively to increase smart investments for infants, young children and their families.
PN-3 Coalition meets the first Friday of month from 9:00-10:30 AM. Join us at Lifetrack (709 University Ave, St. Paul, MN) or online via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/118984251).
- January 4, 2019
- February 1, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- April 5, 2019
- May 3, 2019
- June 7, 2019